Triple Tier Brownies
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size) (I used organic)
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Earth Balance Natural Peanut Butter with Flax Seeds)
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped (I omitted)
Directions:Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in cereal; set aside.
Spread frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with peanut butter mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until set before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Source: Taste of Home