Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maple Roasted Bacon

This was the best bacon we have ever had. A simple and easy trick with delicious results. I also love that you don't have to get bacon grease all over the stove top! I don't think I will ever make bacon any other way. This is also a perfect recipe when making bacon for a crowd.

Maple Roasted Bacon
Source: Barefoot Contessa At Home

3/4 pound thick-cut smoked bacon (16 slices) (I used Applegate Farms Bacon)
1 to 2 tablespoons good maple syrup (I used Grade A dark amber maple syrup)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place a baking rack on a sheet pan and arrange the bacon in one layer on the baking rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the bacon begins to brown. Remove the pan carefully from the oven-there will be hot greats in the pan! Brush the bacon slices with maple syrup and bake for another 3-5 minutes, until the bacon is a warm golden brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and serve warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this DOES sound good! I'm going to have to try that.