Peanut Butter Blossoms
Recipe Courtesy of Landolakes.com
|1/2||cup C & H® Pure Cane Sugar|
|1/2||cup firmly packed C & H® Golden Brown Sugar|
|1/2||cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened|
|1/2||cup peanut butter|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|48||milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped|
Heat oven to 375°F. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and salt; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour and baking soda. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. (If dough is too soft, refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes.) Roll balls in 1/4 cup sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until very lightly golden brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate kiss in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe Courtesy of Martha Stewart
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or anise extract
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Coarse sanding sugar, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. On medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until incorporated. With mixer on, gradually add flour mixture; beat until dough comes together.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon-size balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a nonstick baking mat. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water. Place wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Once cookies have cooled, top with icing. Sprinkle with sugar, and let stand until icing is firm.
Recipe Courtesy of Martha Stewart
Makes 2 1/4 pounds or one 11-by-17-inch sheet
- 2 pounds white chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 large candy canes
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- Line an 11-by-17-inch baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate, stirring constantly.
- With a chef’s knife or meat tenderizer, cut or pound candy canes into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Stir pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate. Remove from heat, and pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; spread evenly. Chill until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Break into pieces, and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Sea Salted Smoky Almond Chocolate Bark
Recipe Courtesy of Nestle
- 8 oz. NESTLÉ CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar(s), broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup smoked-flavored almonds, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (preferably large crystal)
LINE 8-inch baking pan with wax paper.
MICROWAVE small chocolate pieces in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds.
POUR into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Tap pan several times to spread chocolate and settle nuts. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.