Sunday, March 9, 2008

Barbecue Pork Ribs


Ribs happen to be one of my husband's favorite dishes. Since, it was his birthday recently, I knew ribs would be the perfect dish to make. Being from the South, I am very particular about my barbecue. For me a sweet sauce is the only way to go. The sauce recipe is the same one my Mom uses and is my go to recipe for barbecue. Parboiling the ribs is well worth the time as they end up falling off the bone when done. Pair this with some coleslaw, corn on the cob and baked beans and you have a wonderful feast! Here is my recipe for making ribs

Barbecue Pork Ribs

6-8 lbs country style pork ribs

Sauce:
  • 3 cups ketchup
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 4 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
  • 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Arrange ribs in large pot, add enough water to cover, and bring to a boil, skimming any scum off the top. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer the ribs until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. With a slotted spoon, transfer the ribs to a large shallow baking dish, pour the sauce over the top, and bake until slightly browned, about 2o minutes. Turn the ribs over and bake, basting several times with the sauce, till the other sides are slightly browned and the meat is very tender, 15-20 minutes.

No comments: