Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cha-Cha Chicken Salad


Myself, along with a group of friends threw a surprise baby shower today for a good friend of ours who is expecting her second baby. I volunteered to make the chicken salad. I was looking through my recipe file and found a recipe for Cha-Cha Chicken Salad that I clipped from Southern Living a while back. I clipped the recipe mainly because I thought the presentation was spectacular. I was really pleased with the way this recipe turned out. It looked beautiful but was also delicious. Definitely a hit at the shower.

Cha-Cha Chicken Salad

Recipe as Adapted from Southern Living

Prep: 20 min., Chill: 8 hr.

1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple
2/3 cup orange-flavored sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds (I used pecans)
Garnishes: fresh herbs, blackberries, raspberries, sliced peaches

1. Whisk together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in chicken, pineapple, and cranberries just until blended.

2. If desired, spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 8-inch round cake pan; cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Invert chicken salad onto a cake stand, and remove plastic wrap. Gently press chopped almonds onto sides of chicken salad. Garnish, if desired.

Makes 6 to 8 servings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- very nice presentation! It is hard to make chicken salad look good!

amanda. said...

Mmm... this sounds divine!