Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Dinner Party and New Blogging Group!

Fall is my favorite time of year to throw dinner parties. I love putting together rustic meals using all the beautiful fall colors in the ingredients to inspire me! This menu came about largely due to the new blogging group I joined, Cooking Italy. The group is dedicated to cooking through Marcella Hazan’s Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. I've restrained myself from joining several other blogging groups but couldn't resist this one. Being half Italian I really love learning about Italian cooking and couldn't resist jumping at the opportunity to learn more traditional dishes and challenge myself with recipes that have a greater degree of difficulty. The picks for this month looked fabulous so I purchased the book and set about designing this menu using the lamb and potato dishes from the Cooking Italy group. I will be posting the recipes for this menu and reviews of these recipes over the next week.

Mixed Greens with Roasted Pears and Blue Cheese
Pan Roasted Lamb with Juniper Berries
Sliced Potatoes Baked with Porcini and Fresh Cultivated Mushrooms Riviera Style
Semolina Bread
Pumpkin Custards with Golden Raisin Compote


4 comments:

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

Love the new cooking group. I'm going to go check them out. I can't wait to see what you made.

Penny said...

This sounds like an interesting group. Love the sound of the menu.

Colleen said...

This menu looks fantastic! And what a fun group! Can't wait to see that potato recipe.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on tackling the whole menu at one time! It can be done, but few of us do it! LOL! Your site has been fun to visit...you're going to enjoy cooking with us! Welcome to Cooking Italy!