1. Pot Stickers-I found some wonderful organic pot stickers in the freezer section. I served them with soy sauce garnished with some green onions.
2. Lettuce Wraps-Purchased Butter Lettuce and served on a platter with jasmine rice. I used a frozen chicken stir fry mix for the filling.
3. Satay Noodle Salad (I did make this from scratch). I omitted the chicken since I was serving it with another chicken dish. Here is the recipe:
Chicken Satay Noodle Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Rachael Ray
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)-I omit
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- 2 cups skinned and sliced rotisserie chicken-I omitted but when I make it as a main dish, I sautee my own chicken)
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, thinly sliced-I omit
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots (a generous handful)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley (I use cilantro)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside.
While the pasta is working, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water. Whisk in the tamari, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine. Add the reserved noodles and toss to coat.
Place the noodles in 4 shallow bowls and top with the chicken, spinach, carrots, scallions, peanuts and cilantro.
1 package dry sugar cookie mix, prepared to package directions (I used an organic sugar cookie mix)
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup shredded coconut (I used a very finely shredded coconut from Whole Foods)
1 cup white chocolate chips
9 by 12-inch baking dish
Softened butter, to prepare baking dish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
To cookie mix prepared to package directions, add nuts, coconut and white chocolate chips. Butter the baking dish and spread cookie dough evenly into a thin layer across the baking dish. Bake bars for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven, and cool slightly.