Paula Deen's Ultimate Coffee Cake Recipe as Adapted from Paula Deen's website on foodtv.com
16 to 18 unbaked frozen dinner rolls
1 (3-ounce) package regular butterscotch pudding mix, not instant
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
The night before place frozen rolls in well greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over rolls. Sprinkle brown sugar over pudding mix. Sprinkle chopped pecans over brown sugar. Pour melted butter over all. To prevent the dough from forming a hard crust while its rising overnight, cover with a damp towel or tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Let rise overnight at room temperature, about 8 to 10 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn pan
over onto a serving platter to remove. Serve by pulling apart chunks with forks.
Hash Brown Quiche
Recipe as Adapted from Paula Deen's website on foodtv.com
3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup diced cooked ham
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt and freshly ground black pepperPreheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.
Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.Ginger Grapefruit Spritzers
Recipe as adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Food
- 1 (3-inch long) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups freshly squeezed ruby-red grapefruit juice (about 5 grapefruits)
- Ice cubes, for serving
- 1 can (12-ounce) club soda
- In a small saucepan, combine ginger, sugar, honey, and 1/4 cup water over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Place grapefruit juice in a pitcher. Strain ginger syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher. To serve, divide juice mixture among six glasses filled with ice, and top off with a splash of club soda.