Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dessert in a Hurry

Last night I need to throw together dessert in a hurry as I ended up having a last minute dinner guest and no time to get to the store for more elaborate planning. I flipped through my Lady and Son's cookbook and found a recipe for which I had all the ingredients. Its a popular dessert in the South, known as Better Than Sex Cake. I have seen multiple variations of this recipe through the years. I threw this dessert together in no time and it was really delicious. Think ooey gooey and really chocolaty! I will definitely be making this one again. Its always good to have a few delicious dessert recipes that can be thrown together in a hurry. Two of my other quick dessert standbys are Berry Cookie Cobbler and Peach Cobbler also featured in the blog.

Better Than Sex Cake
As Adapted from the Lady & Son's Cookbook

One 18 1/2 oz chocolate cake mix
One 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
One 6 oz jar caramel or hot fudge topping (I used hot fudge)
8 oz Cool Whip
4 Skor candy bars, crushed (I grated chocolate on top)

Prepare cake according to directions and bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Pierce warm cake all over with a toothpick. Pour milk over cake. Pour caramel over cake. Chill. Before serving, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with crushed candy.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have had this before...but I need to make it myself....YUM!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so yummy!!! I have to add it to my must-try recipes!! Thanks!!