Sunday, January 20, 2008

Game Night


One of my favorite parties to host is game night. Last night we hosted at our house and it was so much fun. We played some old favorites and learned a new game, Spoons. If you've never played it is definitely a funny game. My favorite game night munchie to make is Fondue. Last night I tried a recipe my cousin gave me a while back. This recipe has been in my binder forever. It was really good. Looking at the ingredient list its hard to imagine how it could not be! This was a huge hit. I love to make large platters for the fondue. For this one I did marshmallows, Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies, strawberries and pound cake. When I have done this in the past, I have also added bananas, pretzel sticks, angel food cake, pears, and raspberries. Its really fun to make lots of different combinations. You can even do potato chips for that sweet/salty kick. The recipe calls for making it in a crockpot, however, I did everything on the stove and then put the chocolate in my fondue pot and it worked fine.

Creamy Chocolate Almond Fondue

2 7 0z bars milk chocolate, broken into pieces
3 oz white baking bar, chopped
1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
3/4 cup whipping cream, half and half or light cream
1/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds (I omitted)
3 Tbsp. amaretto

In a 4 quart crock pot combine all ingredients except amaretto. Cover and cook on low heat setting 2 2 1/2 hours or until chocolate melts. Stir until smooth. If desired, add amaretto. Stir frequently.

No comments: