Knife and Fork Burgers with Provolone Dipping Sauce and Roasted Tomato Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Rachael Ray
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
2 large shallots, sliced or chopped
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 lbs lean ground beef sirloin
2/3 cups finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese (I used Parmesan)
1 large bunch of arugula
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Heat the oven to 400°. On a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes and shallots in 1 tablespoon EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine the ground beef, parsley and garlic and form into 4 patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each burger to prevent it from bulging when cooking. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO , 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 7 to 8 minutes on each side for well-done.
3. While the burgers cook, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the provolone and, using a wooden spoon, stir in a figure-eight motion until combined; season with salt and pepper.
4. Toss the arugula with the lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO and salt and pepper to taste. Add the warm tomatoes and shallots and toss to combine.
5. Serve each burger with a pile of salad and a small bowl of cheese sauce for dipping.
Recipe Courtesy of Ellie Krieger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 large baking potatoes, 12 ounces each
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Heat the garlic and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Strain the garlic from the oil with a small mesh strainer. Set both garlic and oil aside.
Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch sticks. In a large bowl, toss the oil, potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes onto it in a single layer. Bake until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes.
Remove potatoes from the tray with a metal spatula. Toss with parsley, reserved garlic, and additional salt, to taste. Serve immediately.