Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Royal Chef

This last week was so busy, I almost forgot to post this! Last weekend, as one of my birthday presents, my Mom took me to an event where Darren McGrady, the Royal Chef was speaking and promoting his book. Chef McGrady spent many years as a chef to the royal family and then personally as the late Princess Diana's chef. He gave an insightful speech detailing his experiences with the royal family as well as what it is like to work in the royal kitchen and cook for dignitaries as well as host a party for 15,000. If you get the chance to hear Chef McGrady speak, I highly recommend it. Chef McGrady hosts cooking classes in our area, so I'm looking forward to taking one of his classes. I'm also looking forward to trying the wonderful recipes in his book, Eating Royally. I'm considering doing a traditional English meal with Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding for Christmas and I think his book will be the perfect resource.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great present!