Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu



Thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals. I love turkey, sweet potatoes (marshmallows are a must), stuffing (real stuffing-made from tearing bread, not boxed or packaged), cranberry sauce and of course a dessert made with pumpkin. Although, we will not be hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, I just couldn't resist making my own dinner as well. After all, leftovers are one of the best parts!. I'm trying a few new things this year, brining a turkey, cornbread stuffing. This stuffing will have stiff competition against our family recipe. I'm also jazzing up my traditional sweet potato casserole and trading in pumpkin pie for a pumpkin roulade! My dinner will be served the Sunday after Thanksgiving so look for reviews then!

Apple Cider Brined Turkey


Corn Bread Sausage Stuffing with Apples

Cranberry Sauce

Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Marshmallows

Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Shallots

Homemade Rolls

Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms


Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Buttercream

1 comment:

Colleen said...

This looks great! Have a happy Thanksgiving!