PEACH GRATIN WITH MINT SUGAR
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for greasing pan
• 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup sugar; divided use
• 4 ripe peaches, peeled, halved, pitted (I used frozen sliced peaches)
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup milk
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
(I also added 1 tsp. almond extract to the batter)
• ¼ cup slivered almonds, chopped ( I omittd)
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint; divided use
• Ice cream or crème frache (optional)
• Sprigs of fresh mint (optional garnish)
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Heavily grease a 9-inch pie pan with butter. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar evenly over bottom of prepared pie pan. Place halved peaches cut-side down in dish.
In bowl, combine egg, milk, flour and salt. Mix well with a fork. Pour batter evenly over peaches. In small bowl, stir ¼ cup sugar, almonds and half of chopped mint; sprinkle over mixture.
Bake until crust forms and peaches are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mint. Serve warm or hot. If desired, serve with ice cream or crème frache and garnish with fresh mint. Makes 6 to 8 servings.