Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another Great Salad!


When I get on a kick making something, it usually lasts a few weeks! The last one was soup and now I'm onto salads. The weather has been so beautiful and all the great produce coming to the store makes me want to eat salads. I've started preparing and freezing extra dishes when I cook, so I can have meals at the ready when I need them. Last time I made a chicken dish, I poached some extra breasts and put them in chicken broth and froze. I defrosted the chicken yesterday and used some for a meal. Today, I used the remaining leftover chicken for chicken salad. I threw this recipe together so the measurements are not precise. It really came out delicious. I'm proud to say the lemon thyme I used in this recipe, was picked from my own herb garden! My husband told me I definitely needed to include this recipe in the blog as it was the possibly the best chicken salad he has ever had. So, here is my recipe:

Chicken Salad for 2

1 1/2 poached chicken breasts, chopped
1/4 cup grapes, quartered
1 apple diced
1/2 tsp or so fresh lemon thyme, chopped
2-3 sage leaves, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 orange
Kosher Salt
Pepper
Mixed salad greens with herbs

Combine chicken, grapes, apples, and herbs in mixing bowl. Season with salt and Pepper. In small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise and almost all of the juice of 1/2 orange. Stir and add to chicken mixture. Once combine, squeeze remaining orange juice over mixture and stir once more. Serve over a bed of mixed greens.

No comments: