Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Repeats

I haven't had many blog updates this week since I have been making some of my favorites that have previously been posted on this blog. If you haven't checked out the recipe for Roast Chicken with Lemon Potatoes and Asparagus you must at once. I've made this dish three times since I found the recipe. Its just delicious, and a bonus you only dirty one dish and a cutting board to make it! Can't get better than that. I also recommend checking out this recipe for Zucchini Fritters.Not only is it a great light meal but makes wonderful use of all the zucchini appearing in the farmer's markets. I also used some leftover zucchini to make roasted zucchini this evening. If you are a zucchini hater, you must try this recipe, it will make you a believer. This is great as a side dish or would be wonderful tossed in a pasta dish. The possibilities are endless.

Roasted Zucchini

Slice Zucchini and toss with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes.

Stuffed Peppers (sorry no exact recipe, I just threw this together)

We also had stuffed peppers this evening. Such an easy dish to make. I just make my favorite meatloaf recipe and stuff it in the peppers. This evening I used ground beef, rolled oats, grated carrot, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and fresh parsley and basil. I topped it with a chunky tomato sauce. I only made two peppers, so I formed the rest of the meat into a meatloaf for use at another meal. I love cooking once and getting two meals!





No comments: