Saturday, May 24, 2008

Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese

I thought I would post this recipe for those that need a little Memorial Day inspiration. This would be a great dish for a bbq. The prep for this dish is really quick. I served this alongside barbecued chicken. I made a few changes to the recipe. I used real bacon since we don't eat bacon bits. If I'm going to have bacon I want the real deal, not some fake product. I also used Drew's Natural Ranch dressing since it is free of artificial ingredients and preservatives. Next time I make this I would probably sprinkle some green onion on top before serving. I think you could also use the same mixture to make a great cold potato salad.

Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese
Source: Kraft Magazine Food and Family Magazine Spring 2008

1/2 cup Kraft Ranch Dressing (I used Drew's Natural Ranch)
1/2 cup Finely Shredded Italian Cheese Blend (I used Cheddar)
1/4 cup Oscar Meyer Bacon Bits (I used real bacon that I crumbled)
2 1bs small Red Bliss Potatoes, quartered (about 6 cups)
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix dressing, cheese and bacon. Add potatoes and toss lightly.

Place in lightly greased 13x9 dish covered in foil. Baked 40 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Thanks so much for blogging this - it's definitely an inspiration now that we're in bbq and picnic season! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is an inspiration too and cannot wait for you to make it for me.
Mom

Kelly said...

These sound great. I'll definitely have to give them a try.