Source: Better Homes and Gardens, October 2008
- 2 19-oz. cans cannellini beans
- 1 19-oz. can garbanzo or fava beans
- 1/4 cup purchased basil pesto
- 1 medium onion, chopped (omitted)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed (I used a mix of oregano and basil)
- 1 16-oz. pkg. refrigerated cooked plain polenta cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices (I used a garlic basil polenta)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 8-oz. pkg. finely shredded Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup torn radicchio (omitted)
1. Rinse and drain beans. In large bowl combine beans, 2 tablespoons of pesto, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
2. In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker layer half of bean mixture, half of polenta, and half of cheese. Add remaining beans and polenta. Cover; cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or on high heat setting 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Add tomato, remaining cheese, spinach, and radicchio. Combine remaining pesto and 1 tablespoon water. Drizzle pesto mixture on casserole. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes. Makes 8 servings.