Saturday, August 15, 2009

Make Ahead Dinner Party

What do they say about the best made plans? Well, as luck would have it, I planned to have my in-laws over for dinner on Friday. When the original plan was made I planned to be home all day and had a menu all planned. Then, my little one had a make up swim class which of course got scheduled for Friday afternoon at exactly the time I would need to be home preparing dinner. So, I scrapped the original dinner plan and came up with this one that I could make ahead. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures but I really was in a hurry to get this on the table once I got home! Everything in this menu can be made ahead. The pasta takes 25 minutes to bake once prepared. The cakes are perfect because they are meant to be served warm. You can make them ahead and then plan accordingly and back them 15 minutes before serving. This menu worked great for me and allowed me to serve a delicious dinner on a tight schedule.

Mixed Salad with Basil Vinaigrette

Penne with Roasted Vegetables
Gooey Chocolate Cakes with Fig Ice Cream

3 comments:

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

Sounds great. Can you make them again so we can see. :}

Colleen said...

Make-ahead is my motto when it comes to dinner parties!

Anonymous said...

I bet that dinner was a huge hit!