Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sausage Cheese Muffins


I first made this recipe last year when I was cooking for a local non-profit agency. The next day I received a message that these muffins were a hit and everyone wanted the recipe. Since then, these muffins are one of my go-to breakfast recipes. I like to make a batch and then freeze them in individual portions. No need to defrost just throw in the microwave to reheat and breakfast is ready. Its the perfect breakfast on the go. They are also great served at a brunch as they are easy to make and look pretty all piled in a basket. The flavor reminds me of a sausage cheese ball.

Sausage Cheese Muffins

Southern Living October 2006

Prep: 15 min., Bake: 25 min.

Ingredients

1 (1-lb.) package ground pork sausage
3 cups all-purpose baking mix (I use Pioneer Low Fat Baking Mix)
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed cheese soup
3/4 cup water

Preparation

1. Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and cool.

2. Combine sausage, baking mix, and shredded cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.

3. Stir together soup and 3/4 cup water; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling to top of cups.

4. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Yield

Makes 15 muffins

1 comment:

The Comin Family said...

I can't wait to try these Brandie!!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Stephanie