Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pasta, Pesto and Peas


Its that time again! Time for another entry for Barefoot Bloggers. This week's recipe was not the most exciting pick for me, only by virtue of the fact that I have made it so many times! Its a great recipe and I've had repeat requests for this one. This may have been the first Ina recipe I ever tried. One of the things I like most about this recipe is how versatile it is. Tonight I made the homemade pesto, but I have to be honest I've used prepared pesto and it tasted just as good. You can pretty much eyeball the ingredients to this recipe and change it up to suit your tastes. If you follow the original recipe, it makes 12 servings so if your just feeding two you need to adjust accordingly or you will have one big bowl of pasta. This recipe is a perfect summer pick. It works well for picnics and bbqs or just as part of a simple summer meal. Tonight, I served it for dinner with grilled chicken. Thanks to Elizabeth at Ugg Smell Food for picking this week's recipe. It is one of my favorites! Don't forget to check and see how the other Barefoot Bloggers fared with this week's challenge. The group is up to 70 bloggers now! Also, watch for our next recipe, Parmesan Chicken on June 26th.

Here is a link to the original recipe: Pasta, Pesto and Peas


2 comments:

Linds said...

We loved this recipe too. I can absolutely see it becoming a staple in our house as well. Yours looks great!

Melissa said...

I'm pretty sure I've made this one before too!