Sunday, May 31, 2009

Salsa Cruda


I've been making this recipe since I was in college. Its really easy to make and so much fresher tasting than a jarred salsa. This salsa doesn't have any jalapenos in it so there is no heat in this recipe. You could easily add a jalapeno if you want some heat. This is the perfect recipe to enjoy on a warm summer evening with friends.

Salsa Cruda

4 large tomatoes, finely chopped

1 large onion, finely chopped

1 small bunch cilantro, minced

juice of 2-3 limes

salt and pepper to taste

Combine tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Stir in lime juice, season with salt and pepper. Tastes best the day made.


Source: Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook, Clarkson Potter, 1997.


3 comments:

test it comm said...

Simple, fresh and so good!

Ellie said...

Colorful with plenty of onion and cilantro - just how I like it!

Kanella said...

I made this last night, boy have I been missing out on homemade salsa. Am not a fan of cilantro and I loved it in this salsa. Thanks so much for sharing! I can just imagine the flavor when tomatoes are in season.