Friday, May 1, 2009

Sparkling Cranberry Raspberry Lemonade


I hosted a luncheon for our weekly play date this week. I chose to start things off with this pretty pink lemonade recipe. This recipe straddles the line between lemonade and punch. I really liked the mix of flavors and the little bit of sparkle it gets from the lemon lime soda. I could not find frozen raspberry juice but did find frozen cranberry raspberry juice. The combination worked great and I think I liked it better than I would have the plain raspberry. Sorry for the slightly blurry picture. I was rushing to take pictures before everyone arrived.

Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade

1 package (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
1 can (12 oz) frozen pink lemonade concentrated, thawed
1 can (11 1/2 oz) frozen raspberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed (I used Langer's frozen cranberry raspberry juice concentrate)
6 cups water
2 cans (12 oz each) lemon lime carbonated beverage
1/2 lemon thinly sliced

Into 1 ice-cube tray, carefully spoon raspberries with syrup. Add enough water to just cover raspberries. Freeze about 3 hours or until firm.

In a large glass or plastic container, mix lemonade concentrate, raspberry juice concentrate and water. Refrigerate until serving.

Just before serving, stir carbonated beverage into lemonade mixture. Serve over ice, garnish with lemon slices.

Source: Betty Crocker, Summer Favorites, Summer 2007.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum! I love a pretty pink lemonade. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This looks like it would be very refreshing on a hot day!

Colleen said...

What a yummy looking drink! Especially for those of us who can't drink alchol right now!