Monday, July 21, 2008

Mango Carrot Smoothie


Several weeks ago, I was browsing one of my favorite cooking stores, Sur La Table. I went there to get Popsicle molds but couldn't help looking at all the other fun cooking gadgets. Lo and behold, I spotted a juice extractor attachment for my Kitchen Aid Food Processor. I had no idea, they sold attachments for the food processor. Even better, it was on clearance! Fast forward to yesterday when I finally had a chance to use it. I was watching an episode of Everyday Food on PBS this weekend and saw these recipes using carrot juice. The attachment was very easy to use and produced a beautiful carrot juice for these smoothies and the carrot bread. My two pounds of carrots yielded 2 cups of juice. I can't wait to try juicing more fruits and vegetables with this attachment. This smoothie was really light and refreshing. I had it with my lunch but it would be great for breakfast or a snack.

Mango Carrot Smoothie
Source: Everyday Food

Serves 4.

  • 1 peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped mango (about 1 cup)-(I used canned organic plus the juice)
  • 1 1/2 cups carrot juice
  • 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I omitted)
  • 1 cup ice cubes
  1. In a blender, puree mango, carrot juice, yogurt, honey, lime juice, and ice cubes on high speed until smooth.
  2. Pour into glasses, and serve immediately.


No comments: