Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Penne Rustica


I happened to see Robin Miller make this recipe on the food network the other day. I don't usually watch this show and have never made any of Robin's recipes. The recipe appealed to me because it was light and had several ingredients I like such as artichokes, olives, and roasted zucchini. Overall this meal was good but not amazing. I think it needs a sauce or something to bring all the flavors together. I think I'm going to reheat the leftovers for my husband and melt some cheese on top. It might even work better as a pasta salad with a vinaigrette dressing. Sounds like an idea for lunch today! I think the recipe is a good starting point but it needs some adjustment.

Penne Rustica
Source: Robin Miller and the Food Network

1 pound penne pasta
Cooked chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup jarred artichoke hearts, quartered
Cooked zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
3 roasted Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients.

No comments: